Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Rogers Wireless wants voicecasting banned

The Toronto Sun has an article up discussing the growing problem of voicecasting, and how Rogers Wireless wants a law passed banning it.

"It's basically spam on your voicemail," said PIAC counsel John Lawford. "Why should we have to put up with that?"

Besides the obvious irritant of paying to listen to an unwanted ad, Lawford says some people find it "creepy" to get messages on an unlisted number, particularly since the phone doesn't ring.


I don't really care about the "creep" factor, it would just make me angry to have to pay to be spammed, and then the time wasted to figure it out as well.

While I have a lot of interaction with internet based spam, I am fortunate that I don't have much phone spam (yet), so I don't know too much about this particular technique yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment