Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Is Mac OS X a sitting duck?

Here at Spamblogging, we constantly see mention of Windows malware, but comment on the relative lack of that sort of thing on Mac OS X. Symantec has recently stated that OS X is increasingly being targeted for malware and that surely the most important thing a Mac user can do is buy their Norton tools to prevent such a thing. This Slashdot article states it in a skeptical manner that I have to agree with - Symantec stands to gain from generating fear about this sort of thing.
Personally I really can't stand when companies resort to FUD in order to sell their products. I hope in this case that they are genuinely interested in the well being of Mac users, but as a Mac user - I am not seeing much malware out there for OS X, so at this point I'm leaning towards thinking that this is a sales tactic on their part, and a sleazy one at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment